This project will focus on ancient graveyards in Waterford city and County, collecting all available research, cleaning up the sites and work with local communities to ensure their protection and upkeep.
The graveyard was used for famine burials and the enclosing wall is thought to date to the late 19th century. There is supposed to be a 17th century graveslab within the graveyard (Walton 1980, 70). It was once part of the possessions of the Knights Hospitallers of Kilbarry (Nolan 1984, 47).
Situated nearby to Drumcannon Parish Church (ruined). A parish history is available as Christ Church Tramore 1851-1951 / a centenary memoir of Christ Church Tramore, the Parish Church of Drumcannon; consecrated by Bishop Robert Daly on 25th March, 1851. compiled by Charles W. Wolfe (1951)