Summary Location: Patrick Street (facing De La Salle entrance)
Situated at the top of Patrick’s Street and beside St. Patrick’s church this gate was first mentioned in 1475 although the earliest references to Patrick’s Street date from the late thirteenth century. This gate was one of the main entrances into the city until the early nineteenth century. Philip’s Map of 1685 depicts it as an elaborate structure with a series of three gates. This gate was not finally demolished until the early years of the nineteenth century.
Waterford Civic Trust Supporting Waterford's Rich and Diverse Heritage